Podcast

THE CUT PODCAST

Monday, December 27, 2010

Recall

Another loss, and lead blown, this has been the story for the Houston Texans all year. I understand that Texan fans wanted to stay optimistic and see their team in a good light. I think sometime fans are blinded by what is really going on with teams. First it was fire Rick Smith and Kubiak, now more and more fans are seeing what I wrote on August 24, (refer to "Blinded" to reread).

I was floored when I continued to hear fans and commentators speak of how talented this team was. Word ? Did people honestly think this team was loaded with talent ? With another poor draft and no free agent acquisitions, there was no way possible I thought the Texans would emerge as a playoff team this year.  And for speaking out about what I saw and basing it off of my playing experience, myself along with others that said the same were heckled  for even mentioning it. Maybe I'm just too much of a realist, or maybe I know a little something about football. Maybe ? Sorta Kinda ?

No denying that Kubiak has placed himself in the situation to be fired after the season. On the other hand, there is another person up top that needs to be held accountable also. Not talking about Rick Smith, although he is a culprit in this whole debacle as well. Bob McNair really needs to step up and evaluate this team for what it is. What his "peers" say means nothing, what Smith or his son or anyone else in that camp means nothing. Mr. McNair needs to do some soul-searching and really grab a hold of his team before he loses the fans. Regardless of how much we love football here in Texas, we have been bred and taught not to settle for mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment